Trademarks are often some of the most valuable assets of a company. Pitts & Lake provides comprehensive services to protect trademarks following the life of a mark from selection, clearance, prosecution, and maintenance of the mark, both domestically and internationally. Pitts & Lake provides, among others, the following trademark-related services:
- Consulting regarding protection and use of trademarks.
- Performing trademark searches and rendering opinions as to availability of trademarks for use and registration.
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting federal, state, and international trademark applications, and interfacing with foreign counsel in connection with the preparation, filing and prosecution of foreign national trademark applications.
- Maintaining and renewing trademark registrations.
- Handling oppositions and cancellation proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Conducting infringement analyses and rendering infringement opinions.
- Negotiating, drafting, and recording trademark assignments, licenses, and various other trademark-related contracts.
- Enforcing clients’ trademarks, defending clients against claims of infringement, and handling other trademark-related disputes, including litigation in both state and federal courts.