Patents that Matter
Pitts & Lake has significant experience in all areas of practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) and international patent offices around the world. We are involved at the initial stages of evaluating technology for patentability, drafting and prosecuting patent applications, and analyzing patents for enforcement opportunities. Our practice includes, but is not limited to, the following patent-related services:
- Consulting regarding the various aspects of patent protection.
- Performing patentability searches and rendering patentability opinions.
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting domestic patent applications, including appeals to the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Handling various post issuance proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, including ex parte reexamination, inter partes review, supplemental examination, reissue, and post-grant review.
- Preparing and filing Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) international patent applications, and interfacing with foreign counsel in the preparation, filing and prosecution of foreign national patent applications.
- Conducting European Patent Office Opposition proceedings.
- Conducting right-to-use studies and rendering right-to-use opinions.
- Conducting infringement analysis and rendering infringement opinions.
- Conducting validity analysis and rendering validity opinions.
- Negotiating, drafting, and recording patent assignments, licenses, and various other patent-related contracts.
- Enforcing clients’ patents, defending clients against claims of infringement, and handling other patent-related disputes, including litigation in federal court.