Copyrights provide companies and individuals with protection for their creative works including books, magazines, software and databases, photographs, video productions, audio recordings, technical and architectural designs, sculptures, fabric designs, mask works, and other publications. Pitts & Lake provides, among others, the following copyright-related services:
- Consulting regarding protection and use of works subject to copyright protection.
- Performing copyright searches and rendering opinions as to potential use of works subject to copyright.
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting copyright registration applications.
- Conducting infringement analyses and rendering infringement opinions.
- Conducting validity analysis and rendering validity opinions.
- Conducting ownership analysis and rendering ownership opinions.
- Negotiating, drafting, and recording copyright assignments, licenses, and various other copyright-related contracts.
- Enforcing clients’ copyrighted works, defending clients against claims of infringement, and handling other copyright-related disputes, including litigation.