Andrew C. Lake
Andrew Lake is a registered patent attorney and Partner of the firm. Mr. Lake focuses his practice on intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and product designs. He assists clients in the preparation and prosecution of patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and counsels clients in the acquisition, protection, defense, and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Mr. Lake received a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and a Bachelor’s degree in Physics from Cleveland State University. Mr. Lake graduated from the University of Akron School of Law in 1999. His technical areas of specialty in patent law include electrical and mechanical devices, wireless communications, computer networks, control systems, engine technology, semiconductors, software, medical devices, and radiography. Prior to law school, Mr. Lake earned a MBA degree from John Carroll University and gained extensive industry experience working in the engineering and computer programming fields for precision manufacturers of medical devices, radiographic scanning components, surgical tools, ultrasonic diagnostic equipment, and electrical discharge machines.
Mr. Lake is admitted to the Bars of the State of Tennessee, District of Columbia, U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and various U.S. District Courts. He is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, Knoxville Bar Association, Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association (TIPLA), and American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
- Intellectual Property Procurement and Enforcement
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D.
- Cleveland State University, M.S. Electrical Engineering, B.A. Physics
- John Carroll University, M.B.A.
- State of Tennessee
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Recent Publications and Awards
- Andrew Lake: Opposition Mounts to Senate’s Patent Reform. (Knoxville News Sentinel, June 2011)
- CITYVIEW Magazine – Top Attorney list for Patent and Trademark Law